Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)
Five key kindness essentials...
Written By Dr. Jim Kok
"What is desirable in a person is kindness... -Proverbs 19:22a
These five essential ingredients of kindness are vital for everyone to believe:
1. You have the capacities, qualities, and abilities that can brighten another person's life, help them gain confidence, and feel hopeful about life.
2. Everyone can be helped by your encouragement, kindness, interest, and friendliness. No one is exempt.
3. Your warmth, friendliness, and kindness, when another feels it and sees it, makes them feel there is goodness and care in this world. That is hopefulness.
4. When you show any form of loving kindness toward anybody, it is like showing it to Jesus, himself.
5. The care and kindness you give to others is infectious. They will catch it and pass it on, to help keep the ripples flowing, making this a happier world.
The benefits others gain from your care and kindness are matched by the positive feelings you will experience, in and from the process of offering such love.
Prayer: Dear Lord, no matter how I'm feeling - how tired, how impatient, how frustrated I am - help me to be loving and kind in all my actions towards others. Amen.
Devotion: Are you able to most often be loving and kind? What tests your loving kindness? How do you feel after you have been kind to another?
* * *
* * *
"What is desirable in a person is kindness...