Watch the Hour of Power online and on television (Saturday at 6PM PST on TBN, Sunday at 8AM EST/PST on Lifetime)
Think Possibilities, Part 1
Written By Robert H. Schuller
"For with God, nothing is impossible." -Matthew 17:20
The "Ten Commandments" for handling God's ideas:
1. I will vote "yes" to an idea even if "it's impossible."
2. I will never block a helpful thought because it entails problems, or wait to begin until I find solutions.
3. I will welcome a possibility even if I've never done it before or can't imagine how it could be done.
4. I will design my plan to lessen the risk of failure.
5. I will cooperate in supporting a potentially good idea even if I can see something wrong with it.
6. I will never squelch a creative idea because no one else has ever succeeded in perfecting it.
7. I will declare any constructive concept to be possible even though I lack the time, money, brains, energy, talent, or skill to explore it.
8. I will never discard a plan or project just because it's imperfect.
9. I will never resist a proposal because I didn't think of it, won't get the credit for it, won't personally benefit from it, or may not live to see and enjoy it.
10. I will never quit because I've reached the end of the rope. I will tie a knot and hang on!
*Adapted from "365 Positive Thoughts" by Robert H. Schuller
* * *
Dear God, I know that whatever success I achieve in life comes from you, from some idea or dream or solution that you have placed in my heart and mind. So use me. Help me manage my life so that I will become all that you designed me to be. Amen.
* * *
What idea came to mind as you read the list? Which "commandment" resonates most with you? Why?